This protein packed dish will curb your Chinese food cravings! Quinoa also keeps really well; prepare this on a Sunday and you’ll have a healthy & filling lunch to last for the upcoming week.
I am a huge fan of quinoa. It ranks up there with kale & you all know I loooooooove kale. Quinoa is high in protein and contains essential amino acids like lysine. It is gluten free and contains very little calcium. This makes quinoa a great option for people with celiac disease or who are lactose intolerant. And if all of that didn’t convince you… it is delicious in every way! 🙂
Okay, okay… give me the recipe already!
Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Sriracha, for serving
Here’s what you do:
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over low heat. Add eggs and fry until cooked through, about 1-2 minutes per side, flipping only once. Let cool before dicing into small pieces.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring often, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and zucchini. Cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add corn, peas, carrots and quinoa. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix ginger and soy sauce then add to wok, and gently toss to combine. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and eggs.
- Serve immediately!